Thinking about changing your major? Please follow these steps:
1. Use Explore Majors & Minors to learn about all undergraduate programs.
2. On the individual majors pages look at the Example of an 8-Semester Display to see the course requirements for the major.
Transfer Students: You can see how your transfer credits will “fit” in the major by following these steps: Go to mypack portal->Student Center->Drop Down Menu (on left)-click on Degree Audit->Under the “What if?” feature find the College (under Program) and then the major (under Plan) and click on “Run Report”. You will then see the degree audit with your courses “plugged into” the requirements. Click on “Total Units” at the top of the degree audit to see how many credits you have left to complete a degree in the major.
3. Each College and major has specific admission requirements listed under the Change of Degree Application (CODA); you will want to meet the “preferred” requirements for your intended major. Pay attention to the application deadline(s).
Note: If you are interested in the College of Engineering (COE) please know that the 2.0 minimum for “success” courses is only for students who are currently in Engineering. There is limited space for other students to apply to COE and the grade point average requirements are very high (well over a 3.0 in most cases). Please review the data on students accepted into COE programs.
4. As you work towards a new major you may still need to take the courses in your current major; check with your Academic Advisor if you have any questions about requirements for your major.
5. Please do not self-advise! For assistance with selecting courses there are several resources:
Are you an International Student?
Are you a Veteran?