Transfer Student Resources
We hope this site will help you in your journey into and through NC State. If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the offices listed below to help point you in the right direction.
Have a question that you can’t seem to find the answer? Feel free to contact the Virtual Advisor or contact Melanie Cruz (Transfer Student Coordinator) at 919.515.8499 or email@example.com
On campus and want to talk with an advisor? Join us for Walk-In Advising
Getting into NC State
- Learn about the application process
- How will my previous course credits transfer?
- Contacts for specific major questions
- How much does NC State cost and what about financial aid/scholarships?
- Application deadlines: February 15th (for students starting in the fall) and October 1st (for students starting in the spring)
- On-campus and have admission questions? Prospective transfer students are welcome to speak with an admissions officer at the Transfer Admissions Center, located at the Joyner Visitor Center, Monday through Friday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Joyner Visitor Center is located at 1210 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC.
If the Transfer Admissions Center is closed, prospective transfer students may also visit the Undergraduate Admissions Office located in 121 Peele Hall during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Newly admitted into NC State. Welcome to the Pack
- Academic Advising for your first semester is based on your major. Check out your next steps
- Looking for on-campus housing? Consider living in S.T.A.T.E.- transfer specific housing!
Succeeding at NC State
- Advising- Advising is provided by different academic departments at NC State. You can determine your advisor by logging into your MyPack Tutoring services and looking under MY ADVISOR (on the right hand side)– If you cannot seem to find your advisor, you can join us for Walk-in Advising
- Library Assistance
- Disability Services Office
- IT assistance
- Research – Find your place within our research community
- Study Abroad – Your major may already have a Study Abroad program aligned to course requirements
- Tutoring – Our University Tutoring Center (UTC) offers tutoring in many subjects
- Chemistry Tutoring – Dennis Wertz Tutoring Center
- Math Tutoring – Department of Mathematics Multimedia Center
- Physics Tutoring – Physics Tutorial Center
- Foreign Language Tutoring
- Visit the Career Development Center (CDC) for information about careers, job opportunities, resume and over letter critiques, and general career readiness workshops
- Check in with your academic advisor or department to see if there is a career expert for your academic major!
- Look up clubs and organizations at NC State
- Feeling sick?
- Need to talk to a counselor?
- Get involved with an Intramural sport, take a fitness class, or workout on your own
Transfer Tips from Transfer Students
- Not in the right major? Check out the Change of Degree Application (CODA) to learn the requirements you must meet to change into a new major.
- Need extra help? Check out the tutoring links above or talk with your professor or Teaching Assistant (TA) about tutoring opportunities