We are excited to welcome our Spring Connection students. We look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your goals, starting right now! Start spending time thinking about majors and careers – you’ll find a lot of good information right here on this website. Communicate your plans for school, work, volunteering, and travel with us, and keep your advisor up to date throughout the summer and fall. Check the expectations below to keep yourself on track.
Questions? Contact John Resnick-Kahle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- You will receive an email on September 20th with guidance and directions to complete an Exploratory Studies Self-Registration Moodle (online module) to help provide information and resources around preparing for the spring semester. Upon completion of the Moodle process, you will receive a link by email to schedule a meeting with your assigned advisor to organize your Spring 2022 classes.
- Please reach out to John Resnick-Kahle (email@example.com) if you have any questions or issues.
- When New Student Programs has posted information for orientation for Spring Connection students it can be viewed here.
- Spring Connection students will have an opportunity during NSO to meet with advisors to review spring term schedules if needed. Most Spring Connection students will have an established schedule before the spring term begins.
- Email or meet with your academic advisor to discuss any schedule changes
- Attend Winter Welcome Week activities
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I plan to enroll in courses at a different institution for the fall semester, how do I determine how those courses will transfer to NC State?
You can work with your assigned academic advisor to identify options. You can also check the transfer course equivalency to determine if courses may transfer to NC State. You can also speak with your advisor about transferring courses. To know which courses that are taken at another institution will earn credit at NC State, visit the Undergraduate Admissions transferable credits page.
- Who can I contact within Exploratory Studies if I have questions?
You may contact your assigned academic advisor.
- Do I need to complete the math, chemistry, or foreign language placement tests if I plan to take these courses at a different institution?
You will not need to complete the placement tests for math, chemistry, or foreign language if you are transferring these courses from another institution.
- When will I be able to register for spring classes at NC State?
Students will be able to register for classes in October or November. Your advisor will inform you of the exact date in the fall.
- How do I transfer credits from a different institution to NC State?
Students should contact the Registrar’s Office at their current institution and request to have a transcript sent to NC State’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Campus Box 7103, Raleigh, NC 27695-7103.
- When will I apply for my major?
Students may apply for a major during eligible Change of Degree Application (CODA) cycles. Each major at NC State has different requirements students must meet before they can apply. These requirements and the CODA process will be discussed in the USC 298 course.
- Will I be able to live in the Exploratory Studies Village?
University Housing options may vary for Spring Connection students. Students should contact University Housing for all housing inquiries. Complete the housing application early.