First-Year Student Registration Information
Welcome to the NC State University College, Exploratory Studies!
You will be able to self-register for many of your fall classes before New Student Orientation. The information below sets out what you need to do to get ready. Please read the following information very carefully, and pay attention to deadlines.
IMPORTANT! You may have friends in different colleges and majors at NC State. It’s very important for you to follow the directions and meet the deadlines for Exploratory Studies. When in doubt, check this page.
You must complete the required Self-Registration Training in Moodle and Pre-NSO Survey by June 1. Moodle is somewhat like Blackboard, Canvas, or other online learning systems. It will guide you through the information you need to have and the tasks you must complete.
Log in with your Unity ID and Password. Information on your Unity ID and Password is on the New Student Checklist.
- June 1, 2022:
- Deadline to complete the Self Registration Training in Moodle
- Deadline to complete the Pre-NSO survey
- Deadline to complete your placement tests
- June 1, 2022: Self-registration for fall 2022 classes begins
- June 21, 2022 – June 30, 2022: Attend New Student Orientation
- August 18, 2022: Late orientation for fall 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I set up my email account?
Once you set up your unity account with NC State, you can log into your email using gmail.com.
- Your username: “YourUnityID”@ncsu.edu (you must have “@ncsu.edu”)
- Password: Same as Unity ID password
- View “Access Your Unity Account” at https://newstudents.dasa.ncsu.edu/checklist/
Q: Who do I contact if I have technical problems?
Contact the NC State Help Desk for assistance. Call 919-515-HELP (4357) or email help.ncsu.edu
Q: Who do I contact if I need accommodations for a disability in order to complete the moodle modules?
Contact the Disability Resource Office for assistance.
Q: When will academic advisors be assigned?
Your advisor will be assigned to you a week or two before New Student Orientation.
Assistant Director for Recruitment
Academic Advisor and Lecturer