In lieu of face-to-face walk-in advising services during the COVID-19 period of restrictions, students will be advised virtually during the daily walk-In hours listed below.
Academic Advising Programs and Services (AAPS) provides walk-in advising for students who are exploring or changing undergraduate majors at NC State. Cross-curricular advisors help students evaluate potential majors, navigate the on-campus transfer process (CODA), and plan appropriate coursework as students transition between majors. To minimize wait times, advising sessions may be limited to 20 minutes per student. Please call in at least 15 minutes prior to the end of walk-in. Students who are planning to remain in their college or major need to see their assigned academic advisor.
Location and Hours – AAPS Walk-In Advising
Call the office main line at (919) 515-8130. You will receive a link and instructions to complete an “AAPS Walk In Advising Check-In Survey”. After submitting your Check-In Survey, you will then receive an email inviting you to join a Zoom advising session. If you have access to the internet during your virtual advising session, open a web browser with the following tabs: MyPack Portal, the AAPS Explore Majors and Minors site, and the CODA site.
- Monday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Poole College of Management Spring 2021 Drop-In Advising (Prospective Poole Students)
- Virtual Poole CODA drop-in hours:
- Weekly virtual drop-in hours Thursdays from 2 pm to 4 pm through March 11, 2021.
- Students can join this virtual space at go.ncsu.edu/poolefrontdesk
- Virtual Poole Opportunities Information Sessions during registration season:
- Weekly virtual information sessions during registration season for students interested in Poole CODA, Poole Minors and/or the Poole Business Essentials Certificate.
- Days, times and Zoom links available at: go.ncsu.edu/poole_opportunities
Thinking About Changing Your Major?
Before you attend walk-in hours, follow these steps:
- Use Explore Majors and Minors to learn about all undergraduate programs.
- On the individual Majors pages look at the semester-by-semester plans to see the course requirements for the major. You can see how your current credits fit into any major by using the Degree Audit in MyPack Portal.
- Each college and major has specific admission requirements listed under the Change of Degree Application (CODA); you will want to meet the “preferred” requirements for your intended major. Pay attention to the application deadlines! If you want to change out of your current college please consider our Inter-College Transfer (ICT) Program; students transferring out of Engineering can save the $750.00 engineering fee by transferring to ICT.
Note: If you are interested in transferring to the College of Engineering (COE) please know that the 2.0 minimum for “success” courses is only for students who are currently in the College of Engineering. There is limited space for other students to apply to COE and the grade point average requirements are very high (well over a 3.0 in most cases). Please review this data on students accepted into COE programs.
- As you work towards a new major you may still need to take the courses in your current major; check with your current academic advisor if you have any questions about requirements for your major.
Services for Non-Degree Studies (NDS) Students
Non-Degree Studies Students – If you are taking undergraduate courses, you can ask questions through the virtual advisor or visit AAPS Walk-In. Non-degree Studies and Prospective Students can also visit University Admissions at the Joyner Visitor Center.
We do not offer services for graduate students. Please consult your academic advisor.