Celebrate Your NC State Transfer Student Story – National Transfer Week (October 21 – 25, 2019)
Celebrate your transfer student experience during the all-campus transfer student social! Network with fellow transfer students peers and former- transfer-student-faculty, enjoy ice cream and games, and be entered into giveaways!
Thursday, 10/24: All-Campus Transfer Social from 2:00 – 4:00 pm in Talley 3285
Join transfer students, faculty and staff from across campus for games, ice cream, swag and an all-college open house!
Hosted by the Transfer Student Success Coordinating Committee, RSVP Today!
- Explore the 100+ majors and minors offered at NC State
- Looking for department specific information?
- Match your current coursework to a Baccalaureate Degree Pathway into the university
- Schedule a visit to learn more.
Getting into NC State
- Learn about the application process
- How will my previous course credits transfer?
- Contacts for specific major questions
- How much does NC State cost and what about financial aid/scholarships?
- Application deadlines: February 15th (for students starting in the fall) and October 1st (for students starting in the spring)
- On-campus and have admission questions? Prospective transfer students are welcome to speak with an admissions officer Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. no appointment required at the Joyner Visitor Center located at 1210 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC.
Prospective transfer students are encouraged to email the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a visit to attend an information session https://admissions.ncsu.edu/visit/schedule-your-visit/
Newly admitted into NC State. Welcome to the Pack!
- Academic advising for your first semester is based on your major. Check out your next steps
- Looking for on-campus housing? Consider living in S.T.A.T.E. Village (Second-year Transitions And Transfer Experience) – transfer student-specific housing.
Succeeding at NC State
- Advising – Advising is provided by different academic departments at NC State. You can determine your advisor by logging into your MyPack tutoring services and looking under MY ADVISOR (on the right-hand side).
- Disability Services Office
- IT assistance
- Research – Find your place within our research community
- Study Abroad – Your major may already have a Study Abroad program aligned to course requirements
- Tutoring – Our University Tutoring Center (UTC) offers tutoring in many subjects
- Chemistry Tutoring – Dennis Wertz Tutoring Center
- Math Tutoring – Department of Mathematics Multimedia Center
- Physics Tutoring – Physics Tutorial Center
- Foreign Language Tutoring
- Visit the Career Development Center (CDC) for information about careers, job opportunities, resume and cover letter critiques, and general career readiness workshops
- Check in with your academic advisor or department to see if there is a career expert for your academic major!
- Look up clubs and organizations at NC State
- Feeling sick?
- Need to talk to a counselor?
- Get involved with an Intramural sport, take a fitness class or workout on your own
Transfer Tips from Transfer Students
- Not in the right major? Check out the Change of Degree Application (CODA) to learn the requirements you must meet to change into a new major.
- Need extra help? Check out the tutoring links above or talk with your professor or Teaching Assistant (TA) about tutoring opportunities